Experienced Bankruptcy Attorneys to
Help You Through Financially Difficult Times
Welcome to Alzate and Varley Bankruptcy Attorneys. For years we have worked diligently and successfully for thousands of Californians in eliminating debt. Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help individuals avoid foreclosure, stop repossession, and eliminate credit cards, medical bills and other debt. Bankruptcy can help you take care of your family and create a fresh financial future. We make the process as easy and stress free as possible.
How It Works
Please call us right now at 619-463-1800 any time (or fill out this a request for us to call you). You will speak directly and confidentially with one of our bankruptcy attorneys at no charge. We will discuss your options over the phones and email you a summary of the results of our consultation.
If you decide to hire us, the following video describes the bankruptcy process, from the consultation, documents needed, the preparation and filing of your paperwork, the creditors meeting (now online), your bankruptcy discharge and the steps to achieving an excellent credit score.
You can call us at (619) 463-1800 or request your free consultation (link here) directly with our attorneys (John Varley and Lennie Alzate.) If bankruptcy makes sense and you want to work with us, you can retain us and start the process to file your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Gather Documents We will send you an email that indicates the documents we need to prepare a draft of your case. Most of the documents are easy to gather (copy of paystubs or other proof of income, tax return(s), vehicle registration, credit report or list of bills) You can send us copies by email, fax or text message.
- Credit Counseling course – there is a class that is required that you take online and it is easy and impossible to fail. When done they will send us a Certificate of Credit Counseling that we need to file your case.
- Final Review We have a final review over the phone and send you a complete PDF of your bankruptcy papers for us to review together over the phone or zoom. This review meeting usually take about an hour.
- Case Filing – After you review and sign your bankruptcy papers, we file this electronically with the court, and a virtual bankruptcy hearing date is set (for zoom or telephone).
- Debtor Education Course – Before your hearing, you take another online class called the Debtor Education Course and a copy of your completion certificate is filed with the court.
- Creditor Meeting (aka “hearing") We then attend your creditors meeting with you after first making sure sure you are well prepared.
- Discharge (Chapter 7) – Just over 60 days after the Chapter 7 bankruptcy hearing is the normal discharge and case closing date. or
Confirmation, Payment Period then Discharge (Chapter 13) In a Chapter 13 there is a also a trustee hearing (often 2) that will usually result in your case being “confirmed' usually for a 3 year or 5 year payment plan to repay some of your debt. After that payment plan is complete, in typical cases, you receive your discharge.
This is the really fun part. Now that you have eliminated much or all of your debt, now you can rebuild your credit and move forward with a fresh start. Many of our clients see their credit scores improve by more than 200 points within a year of filing their case. We advise you on how to reestablish your credit easily and powerfully, s that you finance vehicles (often immediately) or finance real estate (in 2 years under FHA or VA) or longer if conventionally financed.
Meet Our Team
BEING HARASSED BY CREDITORS OR WITH A LAWSUIT, REPOSSESSION OR FORECLOSURE?
Call us now and you can have peace of mind by the end of the call
MORE THAN 3,200 SUCCESSFUL BANKRUPTCY CASES FILED BY OUR ATTORNEYS
Our attorneys are admitted to file bankruptcy in numerous jurisdictions throughout the US including CA, NV, OR, WA, TX and WV. Let our years of experience work for you.
Our client's testimonials
Discharged Debt (Approx)
* estimated as of 3/6/2022